“SELG”, ”Company”, “we”, and “us” mean SMITH ENTERTAINMENT LAW GROUP.
“Website” means https://selg.com/, and any content, functionality, and information provided on or through the site.
“You” or “yours” means the user, person or entity who: is visiting, viewing, or using the Website and any Interactive Services.
“Personal Information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
“Information” means any data you provide to us, or we obtain from you, including Personal Information.
This Website is offered and available to you if You are a legal adult in the jurisdiction in which you reside. By using this Website, you represent and warrant that you have the legal capacity to form a binding contract with the Company. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you are not authorized to use the Website and you must not access or use the Website. Please leave the Website now.
No Legal Services or Attorney-Client Relationship
Please be further advised that sending email or other correspondence to SELG or any of its attorneys will not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are not currently a client of SELG, your email or other correspondence will not be privileged and may be disclosed to other persons. Unless and until SELG has formally established an attorney-client relationship, as evidenced by a signed engagement agreement, please do not send any confidential information or any information that you would expect to be maintained in confidence.
If you communicate with us by email in connection with a matter for which we already represent you, you should note that the security of Internet email is uncertain. By sending sensitive or confidential email messages that are not encrypted, you accept the risks of such uncertainty and possible lack of confidentiality.
Accessing the Website and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website, and any service or material we provide on the Website, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period, regardless of cause. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Website, or the entire Website, to users.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Website and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video, and audio, and the design, selection, and arrangement thereof) are owned by the Company, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
These Terms permit you to use the Website for its intended use only, which, so long as you are authorized to use the Website, is your personal, non-commercial use only, including providing and requesting information regarding potential employment with the Company. You must not record, reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, “scrape,” transmit, or retransmit, any of the material on our Website, except as follows:
- Your computer may temporarily store copies of such materials in RAM incidental to your accessing and viewing those materials.
- You may store files that are automatically cached by your Web browser for display enhancement purposes.
- You may print or download one copy of a reasonable number of pages of the Website for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for further reproduction, publication, or distribution.
- If we provide desktop, mobile, or other applications for download, you may download a single copy to your computer or mobile device solely for your own personal, non-commercial use consistent with the purpose of the application. In order to download and use the application you must agree to be bound by the application’s end user license agreement.
You must not:
- Modify copies of any materials from the Website without express authorization.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Website.
- Access or use the Website for any commercial purpose other than the Website’s intended purpose (i.e. finding information about, and applying for, careers with the Company).
- Engage in any of the Prohibited Uses described below.
The Company name, Company trademarks, the stylized “SELG” logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on this Website are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local, or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries and laws regarding obtaining and using Personal Information).
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail,” “chain letter,” “spam,” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate the Company, a Company employee, another user, or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses associated with any of the foregoing) or accessing the Website by intentionally using any username and password that has not been issued to you.
- Cause the Website or portions of it to be displayed on, or appear to be displayed by, any other site, for example, framing, deep linking, or in-line linking without express written permission from us.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Website, or which, as determined solely by us, may harm the Company or users of the Website, or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you must not:
- Use the Website in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Website, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Website or to use the Website in the matter it is intended to be used.
- Use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, process, or means to access the Website for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Website or data available via the Website.
- Reverse engineer any portion of the Website.
- Use any device, software, or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Website.
- Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, or other material that is generally understood to be malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage, or disrupt any parts of the Website, the server(s) on which the Website is stored, or any server, computer, or database connected to the Website.
- Attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website.
Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Provide your Information to Third Parties (and Sub-processors) for processing as necessary for compliance with law enforcement officials or in the event of business transfer.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Website.
Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. This Website may include content provided by third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by the Company, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Company. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.
Changes to the Website
We may update the content on the Website from time to time, but its content is not necessarily complete or up-to-date. Any of the material on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
Links from the Website
If the Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links to utilize services from Third Parties. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to this Website, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
Disclaimer of All Warranties – THIS SECTION AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS
Materials on this Website have been prepared by SELG for informational purposes only and do not constitute advertising, a solicitation or legal advice. The information contained in this Website is provided only as general information that may or may not reflect the most current legal developments; accordingly, information on this Website is not promised or guaranteed to be correct or complete. Further, prior results, testimonials or endorsements do not guarantee a similar outcome. SELG expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all the contents of this Website.
SELG does not wish to represent anyone desiring representation based upon viewing this Website in a state or other jurisdiction where this Website does not comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state or jurisdiction.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, WE ARE NOT, AND WE WILL NOT BE, LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUS, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY IMPACT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY OTHER SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR OWN SOLE RISK. THE WEBSITE IN ITS ENTIRETY IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE WEBSITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER THE COMPANY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH THE COMPANY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE WEBSITE, ITS CONTENT, OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY, OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Limitation on Liability – THIS SECTION AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE COMPANY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE WEBSITE, ANY WEBSITES LINKED TO IT, AND/OR ANY SERVICES OR CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
You hereby agree to: (1) waive your right to bring a lawsuit against the Company or its officers, employees, and agents outside of California; and (2) waive your right to argue that any other state’s law applies to such a case.
Limitation on Time to File Claims
Waiver and Severability
Your Comments and Concerns
In the US, this Website is operated by Smith Entertainment Law Group.
All feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications relating to the Website should be directed to the appropriate operator, above.